Monday, December 7, 2015

Dedicated to A man who is missed every day

Paul Gilbert Simpson was a husband, brother, father, grandfather and friend As I write those words, they seem so insufficient to describe the man who was the center of my life He could turn a tragedy into a triumph with simply a hug and a joke. He was a student of history and politics and could hold his own in any debate on the topic He was known for the "grey movies" (titled so by Sammi Cox, granddaughter) -the classic films that he loved and taught others to love He was taken from us all too soon-only 67, and with so many plans for the future He was flawed like all of us are, but he admitted his flaws and sought to change his life He was loved more than he ever believed and he can never be replaced I love you with all of my heart and soul and I will miss you every day Your Gorgeous Goddess (as you called me) and loving wife and partner, Deb

2 comments:

  1. Well said Debbie. He was a father that taught me so much and I learned that he was always going to be there for me no matter what situation I got myself in. He was there for me with wrapping arms when I needed them most through tough times of my life. I always knew as I got older that I could count on him. I love him so much and always will dad, I will talk to you at night just like as was making a phone call, I know that you can hear me. Again Deb well said. Your pain is also all of ours. We love you dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul was my big brother. I could always count on him for a hug and " I love you little sister ". I still can't believe he is gone. My heart aches when I think about it. He was the most non-judgmental man I know, along with my daddy. I love you big brother and will miss you the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete