Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday Silence

Our little town home on Sunday Silence Way is silent this Sunday of your presence and smile
It's been 3 weeks and 2 days since you died and I don't know how long I will need to maintain the countdown.  In Sunday's you would go to your morning meeting and we would then meet up at church. Now I travel to church alone where I am greeted by the reminder of your life and death as I approach the Magnolua tree where we scattered your ashes.

Some days I stay busy and try to move forward with the steps that are needed to continue and build a new life without you. Other days simply getting out of bed and knowing that I won't be greeted by the smell of your coffee and cologne seems more than I can do

I wish I could have one more day with you to say all the things unsaid and to simply hold you for hours on end and record the images and sounds and smells of you and us. I lost more than you. I lost us. I lost the day to day happiness of being your wife.

Other family members and friends are going on with their lives and I am trying but so often wonder why.
I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment